Saturday, April 23, 2011

Gender and Sexuality

Sex
Sex is what one gender see's themselves to be, whether it is female or male.
For example, I would consider myself a female.
Gender
Gender is the way someone were to behave, for example masculine or feminine.
I would that this picture shows this mens masculinity:

Expressive Role
The expressive role is normally shown by women, they are  known as being more nurturing and normally holds the family together. For an example of expressive role I have chosen to use a picture of my mom.

Instrumental Role
The instrumental role is a more masculine role, its more commonly played by the father. Father's are suppose to be seen as strict and have more authority.I have chosen to use a picture of my cool biker dad.

Families
Families normally help take part in the gender role of children, especially since they raise them a certain way it helps the child to form their mind around what gender they most likely are or are going to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment